Robo de Toro is one of the famous Spanish dishes made of delicious, braised oxtails with a touch of red or white wine, a mix of tomatoes, sherry, and other ingredients. Not only are people in Spain love this dish, but it is a staple item in Cordoba’s restaurants. Here is the procedure to make Spanish Oxtail stew. Read on
You will need the following ingredients for Oxtail
- One kg of oxtail
- Two carrots
- Five cloves of garlic
- One onion
- Two teaspoons of salt
- One glass of red wine
For Red sauce, you will need
- Two guajillo chilies
- Two Morita peppers
- Four tomatoes
- A half onion
- Three cloves of garlic
- A half teaspoon of cumin
- A half teaspoon of salt
For Refried beans
- One can of refried beans
- One tablespoon of lard
For Eggs, you will need
- Four eggs
- Four pinches of salt
- One tablespoon of oil
For Tortilla chips
- 500 grams of corn tortillas
- 200 ml of oil for frying
- Salt to taste
Additional features require
- Fresh cream to taste
- 150 grams of grated cotija cheese
- Two avocados
- Four teaspoons of chopped coriander
- Cook the oxtail together with the vegetables for approximately one hour and 15 minutes
- Tate the vegetables and chilies and crush them with salt and cumin
- Add a little of the liquid in which you cooked the tail
- Cut the tortillas into triangles and fry until crispy
- Add salt to taste, and you will have some delicious tortilla chips ready
- Separate the meat from the tail bones and shred it
- Put a tablespoon of lard in a pan and add the can of beans
- Mash them with a fork until you get a creamy paste.
- Make the eggs in a pan, either grilled or fried.
- In a frying pan, brown onion with a bit of oil and add the red sauce you have prepared to finish flavoring it
- Heat your tortilla chips in a pan and mix them with the meat.
- Grate some cotija cheese on top
- Add your hot sauce to mix it all up.
- Serve them with half an avocado and one egg per serving
- Add two to three tablespoons of refried beans on the side
- Add fresh cream and more cheese on top.
- Top with chopped cilantro.